NYFW sees more than its fair share of wild hairstyles. And while we love finding out what out-of-this-world looks the industry’s top stylists dream up each season, it’s always exciting to see runway models rocking a style we might actually recreate in our own lives. The effortlessly chic looks at this season’s Veronica Beard show are a perfect example.
“[They’re] inspired by a city-chic woman who has been dropped in the middle of the woods,” said Kevin Hughes, Moroccanoil Artistic Director. “The hair is meant to embrace each woman’s natural texture – straight, wavy or curly.”
While we loved every last style, the scarf-adorned ponytails caught our eye—especially considering that bows and hair accessories are one trend we don’t expect to vanish anytime soon. We talked to Kevin, who led the team backstage at Veronica Beard, to find out what tools and techniques we need to make the style part of our repertoire.
2. Use Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream from mid-lengths to ends and blow dry using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush and Moroccanoil Professional Series Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer.
3. Put in a center parting.
4. Gather the hair low at the nape of the neck and use an elastic and secure hair in a low pony tail.
5. Gently pull the hair above the elastic to release the top portion of the hair so it has an undone, soft feel and gives you a beautiful profile silhouette.
6. Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong.
7. Place a piece of fabric or a scarf around the elastic and double knot and create a one-sided bow. Pair with something beautiful from Veronica Beard.
DESIGN TIP: To add more texture to the hair, use the Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Curling Iron to create a slight bend throughout the hair.